lunes, noviembre 24, 2008

LLAMADAS DE MEDIA NOCHE I


Gary Cole:


Overall for me is -- I liked this guy! And I liked the situation he was in. It's hard to pick a specific memory because there are so many. Being on the radio, alone, was the unusual part of it and that's what actually made it different. What I mean is that half the time, I was doing scenes -- scenework with other actors, which is what most actors in television series do. They do that for the whole show and the character is based on your behavior with other people. But on this show, even though I did that, I was also encased in a room by myself thinking out loud, basically -- which is unusual for any character.
I loved the show. I loved working with everybody on the show. My producer, Bob Singer, was and is a great friend. We formed a band called "The Bonemasters" along with the Assistant Director Kenny Collins and Assistant Director turned Unit Production Manager Jim Benke -- which was a blast for all of us. Levon Helm played my drums when he did the show. Greg Allman sat in on a set at the Christmas party. We had a lot of fun. Teddi sang with us too sometimes.
Midnight Caller changed my life in many ways. I met my wife while I was doing Midnight Caller, I moved to California to do Midnight Caller and I have lived here ever since -- even though I thought I would never leave Chicago -- and I made a lot of friends who are still my friends today. Actors, directors, crew guys. I jumped out of an airplane with a group of the guys from the show one day. We had a lot of fun and I think we did some really great shows. I was sorry to see it end.


--Gary Cole, Series Star

No hay comentarios.: